- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 3 cups cooked rice (I used white, but you can use brown)
- 2 Tbs sesame oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 2-3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 green onion, sliced diagonally
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Shred the leftover chicken. (if you don't have leftover chicken, you can cook some in the slow cooker so it remains moist)
- Preheat a large skillet or wok to medium heat. Pour the sesame oil in the pan and let it heat up. Add the onion and peas and carrots combination and fry until tender.
- Take the onion, peas and carrots out of the pan and place in a small bowl.
- Add the beaten eggs to the pan and scramble them. When the eggs are cooked, add the vegetables, rice and chicken.
- Pour the soy sauce on top. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir and fry the rice until heated through and combined.
- Place the chicken fried rice on a platter or in a bowl, top with sesame seeds and green onions.
The recipe calls for salt and pepper to taste. I didn’t add any salt, I thought the soy sauce made the dish salty enough. Of course, not everyone feels this way. You may enjoy it a bit more salty.
Easy Chicken Fried Rice needs to be on your menu this week. Here is why:
- Less than 30 minutes to make
- Less than 10 ingredients (most of them condiments)
- Uses leftovers, so no waste
- Is inexpensive to make
- Tastes great
So what are you waiting for? I know your family will love this Easy Chicken Fried Rice – it really is better than take out.
If you enjoyed this post, make sure to check out some of my other popular posts.