I’m not following a gluten-free diet but I was at a friends house and she introduced me to these gluten-free brownie donuts and they were Ahhh-mazing!
Gluten-Free Brownies Donuts
There is nothing wrong with enjoying a healthier dessert. Especially when it tastes as good as this one does.
Seriously, my kids had no idea this was a “healthy” donut. In fact, they went back for more.
I know I mentioned that I’m not following a gluten-free diet, which is true.
However, I am currently on Weight Watchers. I love Weight Watchers because you can eat whatever you want but you have to account for the points.
Weight Watchers is a lifestyle change and not a diet. Weight Watchers teaches you how to make better food choices and helps you learn portion control.
All the things I desperately need to know!
I love my sweets but I’m not willing to spend 10+ points on a dessert when I get 23 points a day.
These brownie donuts are only 3 points, which is kind of amazing for a chocolate dessert.
To get started, you’ll need the following ingredients:
Gluten free flour
Unsweetened cocoa powder
Apple cider vinegar
Where can I find gluten-free flour?
Most grocery stores carry gluten-free flour. However, you can also purchase it on Amazon.
Can you freeze these brownies?
Yes! Keep in mind that freezing them can dry them out, so I suggest wrapping them individually in plastic wrap before placing them in a freezer bag. This will help keep the brownies moist.
How many can you have for 3 points?
Each brownie is 3 points!
- ¾ cup gluten free flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup coffee
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon margarine, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar for topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare donut pans by greasing with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine gluten free flour, brown sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix together coffee, unsweetened applesauce, apple cider vinegar, melted margarine, and vanilla extract. Pour wet ingredients with dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Spoon batter into donut pan and bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan for a few minutes then remove from pan and place on a wire rack to cool completely. Top with powdered sugar before serving (optional).