Valentine’s Day is always a fun event around my house. We don’t usually go over the top with gifts but I love baking with the kids and coming up with unique ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day.
Since my kids love hot chocolate and I love coffee, we put together these dark chocolate spoons. They are perfect for adults and kids. Seriously, the whole family loved it!
Valentine Dark Chocolate Spoons
This recipe will yield one dozen hand-dipped dark chocolate spoons for hot cocoa/coffee flavoring.
2/3 cup Wilton dark cocoa chocolate melts (or you could use chocolate almond bark or semi-sweet chocolate chips)
Valentine sprinkles, pearls and jimmies
12 Plastic Spoons
1. Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Set aside.
2. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the dark cocoa chocolate melts for 40 seconds. Stir until melted. You may have to microwave in 8-second additional increments depending on your microwave wattage.
3. Hand dip each spoon into the melted chocolate and place on the wax paper-lined baking sheet. Lay the handle of each spoon over the edge of the baking pan to ensure the chocolate evenly “sets” inside the spoon.
4. Before the chocolate completely dries, place a candy heart in the middle of each spoon.
5. Sprinkle your desired jimmies, pearls or sprinkles all over each spoon.
6. Let “set” for 30 minutes.
7. Enjoy in your favorite cup of hot cocoa or coffee or wrap with cellophane and a cute bow to give as a Valentine gift.
If you enjoyed this Valentine’s Day post, make sure to check out my other popular posts.