My daughter loves to do crafts, but I’m not the most crafty mom on the block. If I’m going to do crafts, they need to be simple crafts. When we were at Hobby Lobby the other day, she saw a candle making set for little kids. It was cute but kind of cheesy at the same time. However, my daughter was keen on making candles. I talked with one of the sales associates and learned that it really wasn’t that hard to make your own candles. These homemade DIY candles not only are they easy but they smell amazing!
Homemade DIY Candles
You can create your homemade DIY candles to match any holiday and you can even pick which scent you’d like. There are so many scents to choose from.
- Mason jars. Any size you prefer.
- Soy candle wax ( I used about 6 cups)
- Candle scents ( I used between 3 and 5 drops)
- Karo syrup
- Ribbon for the outside of the candle
- Small paint brush
- A glue gun also helps
1. Pour your Karo syrup in a small bowl and then begin painting the inside of your mason jar with the Karo syrup. You want to ensure you get the entire inside covered. Once you have the inside covered with the Karo syrup, you pour in your sprinkles. Make sure to get the sides coated up really good.
2. With your glue gun add a small dab of glue to the bottom middle of your mason jar. Then quickly and carefully place the candle wick over the glue. It’s best to press down on the wick for a few seconds to ensure it sticks. You can also use Karo syrup instead of a glue gun.
3. Heat up your wax, I like to microwave the wax in 30-second intervals, stirring each time. Microwave until the wax is completely melted.
4. Once the wax is completely melted, add in your candle scent mixing well, then you’ll pour it into your mason jar. Let sit until the wax is completely firm.
5. Once the wax is firm, you can decorate the outside of the jar. Get creative with your homemade DIY candles.
If you enjoyed these homemade DIY candles, make sure to check out some of my other popular posts.